Fall is upon us, and as soon as it starts cooling down and the leaves change colors, we’re presented with an overwhelming urge to taste the season. Lucky for you, we’ve baked up these delectable muffins that are perfect for any season, but especially suited for your fall flavor cravings.
The recipe is super simple, delicious and has a fraction of the sugar of your typical muffins.
SNICKERDOODLE APPLE MUFFINS
Yields: 10 servings | Serving Size: 1 muffin
Calories: 130 | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Net Carb: 7g
Total Carb: 20g | Fiber: 3g
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 26-28 mins | Total Time: 1hr mins (including cool time)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup granulated zero calorie sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Scoops Quest Cinnamon Crunch Protein Powder
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 apple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin pan with 10 liners.
- in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the applesauce, egg whites and almond milk.
- in a separate bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, zero calorie sweetener, protein, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Add the dry to the wet mixture and stir until a batter forms.
- Fold in the apple pieces.
- Distribute the batter between the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- While the muffins are baking, stir together all topping ingredients until mixture resembles sand.
- Remove muffins after ten minutes and sprinkle with topping.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.