There’s not really much else to say about the Quest Blackout Cake other than it’s what you dream of when you dream you could only eat chocolate for the rest of your life. Thankfully, we’ve perfected the macros to make that a little bit closer to a reality. We recommend a balanced diet, but when you’re eating a Questified Blackout Cake, to us, that’s all the balance you need.
Take a look at the full recipe below and get ready to make your dreams come true.
Yields: 10 servings | Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 190 | Protein: 10g | Fat: 13g | Net Carb: 9g
Total Carb: 19g | Fiber: 4g
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 26-28 mins | Total Time: 1hr mins (including cool time)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened special dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp zero calorie sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare (2) 6-inch round pans with non-stick spray and parchment paper along the bottom and then set aside.
- Break the Quest bars into small pieces and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake Quest bar pieces for 5-6 minutes and let cool completely
- Once cooled, place them in a food processor or Nutribullet and blend until fine crumbles form.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, applesauce, almond milk and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 4/3 of the crumbled Quest bar pieces, protein powder, oat flour, almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined.
- set aside rest of Quest bar pieces for topping.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir until a batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to the two pans and bake for 26-28 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Let cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat together the whipping cream until light and fluffy (hand mixer preferred).
- Add in cocoa powder and zero calorie sweetener and continue mixing until combined.
- Frost cake and top with remaining Quest Bar crumbles.