Blueberry Pancakes are light and fluffy, loaded with delicious blueberries and made from scratch! A guaranteed weekend favorite!
My boys LOVE pancakes. I certainly know they are not alone in their affection, because the BEST pancake recipe on my site is always a popular one! And of course, if plain pancakes are good, we all know BLUEBERRY PANCAKES might be better! And I’ve started quite the blueberry recipes collection here on my site! But honestly, if you top just about anything with butter and maple syrup you have a winner in my book…but seriously, if you want an amazing homemade blueberry pancakes recipe, look no further!
MY OTHER RECIPES
Homemade Blueberry Pancakes are Easier Than You Think!
Imagine a light fluffy pancake, skillet fried in a little butter, with gorgeous, sweet blueberries throughout, topped with a healthy drizzle of maple syrup. Seriously, does breakfast food get any better? These pancakes are golden and lightly crisp at the edges, with a soft, tender center. Blueberry Pancakes with fresh blueberries are most definitely not just for special occasions! The baking powder in this pancake recipe is what makes them so fluffy!
How Do You Make Blueberry Pancakes?
Honestly, this pancakes recipe is about as easy as it gets. You, most likely, have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now…except maybe blueberries. Heat your skillet on medium-low. You don’t want it to be too hot, or your pancakes will brown way too fast, and then trying to flip them is a disaster!
The recipe includes:
- brown sugar
- baking powder
Can You Use Frozen Blueberries in These Blueberry Pancakes?
Yep! I totally understand that blueberries aren’t always in season, so you can certainly use frozen blueberries…just make sure you thaw them first. I also recommend that once you thaw them, you pat them dry just so there isn’t too much extra moisture on the berries!
I know you are going to love these pancakes as much as we do! Enjoy!
Looking for more blueberry recipes? Try These:
These Blueberry Pancakes are the fluffiest ever! So easy and delicious!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- butter for frying
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar together.
- In separate bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla and milk together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Lastly mix in the melted butter and stir until combined, the batter will be slightly lumpy. Set the batter aside while you heat your griddle to medium-low heat. Melt a small pat of butter on the griddle and then scoop out 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the hot griddle and top evenly with blueberries, as many or few as you prefer.
- Cook until the edges are set and bubbles form on top of the pancake. Flip and cook until browned.
- Serve warm.
You can also use frozen (and thawed) blueberries in this recipe, if blueberries aren’t in season.
2 pancakes33312.7 g445.4 mg11.8 g49 g8.9 g88.7 mg
Keywords: pancakes, best pancakes, pancake recipe, homemade pancakes, blueberry pancakes, blueberries